Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thankful Thursday - Eric

After yesterday's stressful day and negative blog entry, I decided today would be a great time to reflect on some things I'm thankful for.

Today I am so thankful for my husband, Eric.

It's hard for me to believe it's been over eight years since we met. We both worked in the mall, him at a jewelry store and me at a gift shop. I would walk by his store every day and he commented to his coworker how he thought I was "cute." This coworker came into my store and asked for my number to give to the blond guy he worked with. I'm not going to deny that I was completely floored. I honestly wasn't used to having guys ask for my number out of the blue. It took Eric three days to finally come into my store and ask me out on a date. I had started to give up on him by this point, so I was taken by surprise when I saw him.

We had a very casual first date - coffee at a restaurant and a walk through the park together. When he dropped me off at my apartment, he came up and played the guitar for me. Yeah, he was pulling out the big guns! How he knew that guys who played the guitar was so attractive to me, I'll never know.

Fast forward eight years and here we are. Married for almost six years with two beautiful boys that we created together. It's been a roller coaster to say the least. We've had many ups and many downs, but have stuck through it and I believe we're at a whole new level in our relationship. I can't imagine sharing this life with anyone but him. I can't imagine raising my children with anyone but him. He is the best husband and father anyone could ask for. To this day, I still can't believe he's mine.

I love you Eric - forever and always.

2 comments:

  1. You know, I never knew how you guys met! Very sweet. =) Still enjoying keeping up with you guys through the blog - please keep it up!

    --Amy B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. randomly off topic... but your parents living room has looked the exact same since the very first time I ever saw it... I keep telling my mom that when I have my big fancy house with a formal living room I'm going to decorate it in a way that it will stand the test of time and look exactly the same forever, Just like Jessica's parents house :o)

    ReplyDelete