Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Blast from the past

It's still so hard for me to believe, but it's been ten years since I graduated from high school. It's strange because in some ways it feels like no time has passed, yet it also feels like a completely different life. Like everyone else, I had a very tight knit group of friends. Specifically there were seven of us that made up my "close" friends. Leah, Donny, Isaac, Laura, Tyler, and Jared. As the years have quickly passed, I have kept in touch with all but one of them. We have all gotten on with our lives - getting married, having kids, careers, homes, life. But on the rare occasion that we're able to get together, it's like no time has passed at all. Suddenly we're back to being kids with none of the adult responsibilities that are now piled on our shoulders.

Donny came into town this weekend with his new lovely wife, Taylor. I was ecstatic when I learned they would be here and Leah and I immediately started planning a BBQ to celebrate his return. Several e-mails were tossed around our "group" desperately trying to get everyone together. It ended up being Leah and her husband, myself and Eric, Donny and his wife, and Tyler. Jackson had a blast playing with Leah's little girl, Hailey, while Charlie was content to be passed around the group. We gathered in Leah's home and made some great memories with good food and many laughs. I won't deny that there was a long walk down memory lane, but our spouses took it in stride!

Donny and Taylor


Little Miss Hailey

Jackson doing some yard work

I left the party feeling so happy inside. I truly didn't realize just how much I missed these special people in my life until we were together again. I was so fortunate and blessed to have such amazing friends through my high school years. I miss those times, but last night was a solid reminder that we can still get together and have new adventures together. Only now our group is growing by adding spouses and kids. What could be better than that?


Donny, Leah, Me, and Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment