Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Just a bunch of sickies!

I wish I had some grand elaborate excuse for not updating the blog lately, but I really don't. Every day I tell myself that I must take the time to write, but it just never seems to happen. Precisely what I did not want to happen with this blog! So I'm setting a goal to write at least three times a week, if not more. I can see you all shaking your heads with doubt, but I'm determined to prove myself as a solid blogger. Alright, alright... you're right - we'll just see what happens!

Our household has recently been nailed with sickness after sickness. Just when I start to believe it's finally over, it starts all over again. It always starts with Jackson (what do you expect, it's his first year of preschool!), then it gets passed to every single one of us one by one. The most recent illness has been brutal. Jackson started with the cough and Charlie wasn't far behind. I ended up bringing Charlie Boy to the doctor last Thursday because his eyes were oozing with green goop. I kid you not, it looked like his nose had gotten lazy and passed it's job onto his eyes. Turned out he had an ear infection and an infection in both eyes. As we were leaving the doctor's office, I noticed my throat was feeling sore and my head was beginning to hurt. By the time I had finished getting Charlie's medicine at the pharmacy, I literally felt like I had been hit by a freight train.

On Friday, Eric came home from work and mentioned that he was feeling a little achy, but he wasn't too worried about it. By Saturday, he looked like death. Seriously, I have never seen him so sick. He attempted to go to work, but was sent home. He got up early on Sunday morning to work a 16 hour shift, but got sent home that day as well and ended up in Urgent Care. He had severe strep throat, almost to the point of being sent to the hospital because his tonsils were so swollen. His throat was almost closed up. So he took his sick leave and has been recovering over the last few days while I have attempted to keep our household running and keep the kids from getting any sicker. I'm so thankful that he went to Urgent Care and was taken care of. He was so incredibly sick and I don't ever want to see him like that again.

So needless to say, it's been pretty miserable around here over the last week. But today was an amazingly gorgeous day and it revived our spirits quite a bit! We spent the afternoon in the backyard, raking up old leaves and cleaning all the patio furniture. I could literally feel us welcoming spring. It's supposed to be 74 degrees on Friday and get this - EIGHTY ONE DEGREES on Monday!! We're definitely planning on a motorcycle ride sometime this weekend.

Here's a quick clip of our Charlie Boy - he's growing so quickly and so much fun to be with:


1 comment:

  1. I love that video of Charile! He is getting so big! And so adorable :O) Hope you all feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete